Eiffel Tower Envy


J'adore... fresh perspectives and the way they can turn our world utterly upside down.

Recently, I obtained a new perspective on an emotion. Envy. It seems every once in awhile, without warning, whether we like it or not, life will overnight an ounce of it right to our front doorstep.

Special delivery. No signature required.

There is this lovely artist out there. I have taken one of her courses. We have even exchanged a casual correspondence or two. About a week or so ago she left the states behind to spend the month of April in Paris.

I am ecstatic for her. I am also envious with abandon. To be honest, I am even envious of her take on envy! And I quote:

"What I have come to realize about this completely normal human emotion is that a) normal as it may be, it really sucks when you feel it and b) any time you feel jealousy, it is giving you clues to what you really want in your own life. That's right jealousy is alerting you to your dreams."

And she is right. I know she is right. You know she is right. The truth is, if we follow our envy we will find exactly what we have always wanted for ourselves.

Now that I have arrived at the understanding of this... I can't help but wonder... now what?!

If you are interested in finding out more:
Take a peek at the parisian pictures she has captured with her iphone. Also, for the creatively inclined, she has recorded a handful of inspiring podcasts that are free and available for your listening pleasure. I enjoy listening along while I am writing or painting.

Above Photo: Fickr Artist

0 comments:

 

Back to TOP