What Coco Said


J'adore... Coco Chanel quotes.

I have long believed that a girl could live an extraordinary life if she simply followed the words of wisdom once uttered by Coco (Gabrielle) Chanel.

Apparently I am not alone.

There is now a book out called The Gospel According to Coco Chanel: Life Lessons from the Worlds Most Elegant Woman. I am going to have to get my hands on a used copy, somewhere, somehow, someway.



In all seriousness, she really did say the most fabulous things at times. For example:

"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone."

Isn't that thought just perfect? It is probably my favorite. Her advice is so often impeccable, except, of course, when it comes to men. Still, if I had to guess, I would say, by far, one of her most popular adages is...

"A woman who does not wear perfume has no future." In other words, treat yourself well.

Recently, I took this sentiment somewhat seriously and literally. I am at a bit of a crossroads in my life and by golly if there is one thing I want it is a darn future. And a fantastic one at that. For this reason alone, I have been on the hunt. On the hunt for an affordable perfume line, one that isn't suspiciously laden with potentially harmful chemicals. And I think that I have found it!

Pacifica Perfume makes solid perfumes in the most delectable scents. They arrive in these adorable little tins, tins small enough to sneak into your purse. The best part (aside from the fact that they are currently only $9.00 each) is that their solid perfumes are made with organic coconut/soy wax and natural/essential oils. In addition they are completely paraben free. They do not contain artificial coloring. They have not been animal tested. They are vegan and also gluten free. Almost sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?

Here is a link to their French Lilac fragrance. Perfect for Spring. I think even Coco would agree.

PS - I promise (cross my heart) they aren't paying me! I have just really fallen head over heals with the product and wanted to share it with you. They have so many scents... there is sure to be one just right for you. And the layering options are endless.

PSS - I recently tried the perfume spray in "Lotus Garden" - it is divine.
 

Back to TOP