La Maison Boheme


J'adore... aesthetic indulgences and the fact that the husband and I may be moving out of the apartment and into our own little house at the end of the summer. One with a pine tree forest for a backyard.

Needless to say, I have had interior design on my mind. And my style is a mix between "Traditional" and what the French call "Boheme".

The closest translation that we have for this style here in the good old U S of A would be "Bohemian Chic" but that isn't exactly it, not really.

In the European version, there is something a smidge more elegant and effortlessly lived in about it all. Maybe it is the splash of antiques that are thousands of years old instead of only hundreds. Not that I can afford either. I am looking forward to $4 (or 3 Euro) Flea Market finds.

These days I am dreaming of collecting a set of mismatched floral china. And I have become completely obsessed with this blog - La Maison Boheme. It is well worth a look. You will see. Before you know it, you will be swooning over cheerful colors, chandeliers, and charmeuse too.

PS - Exactly what makes a house a home? Love, of course. And lots of it.

Photo by:Jaboopee

1 comments:

Sarah Greenman said...

Thank you for the mention! I'm so glad you love the blog. All the best on your upcoming move - I hope its a joyful journey filled with all sorts of delightful thrifty finds and beautiful additions to your new home.
Cheers,
Sarah

 

Back to TOP