It's a Secret



J'adore... a well kept secret.
And today, I would like to share two with you.

Le Book
First and foremost, I apologize for not letting you in on more details of the book sooner.

The working title is currently, There from Here. I have always wanted to write a travel memoir. However, I haven't been able to finance a lengthy trip to anywhere far away. Determined not to let a little thing like that stop me...

I decided to appreciate a far away place from where I already stand... and to write about it.

This means that I spend my free time searching for essences of France, the ones that have floated across the Atlantic and washed up here, along the rocky New England coastline. I have had several lucky finds so far. Finds come in many forms. A lingerie shop here, a cooking class there. Before you know it the Eiffel Tower doesn't feel an entire ocean away.

And yesterday's find brings me to secret number two.

Pain D'Avignon
This lovely little French Bakery is located in Cape Cod on a little side street. You would only know it was there if someone told you. So, of course, I am telling you. Some secrets are meant to be shared. It is most definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in the vicinity. Bon Appetit!

Photo from Flickr.

0 comments:

 

Back to TOP